This project is read-only.

ErrorEventArgs namespace

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM

In your demo code your have

websocket.Error += new EventHandler<ErrorEventArgs>(websocket_Error);

I'm wondering what namespace we should use for the ErrorEventArgs because that is defined in SuperSocket.ClientEngine, System.IO, and Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization namespace. 

Thanks.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Use the one in socketengine

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 25/02/2012 05:26
To: kerry-jiang@hotmail.com
Subject: ErrorEventArgs namespace [websocket4net:344764]

In your demo code your have

websocket.Error += new EventHandler<ErrorEventArgs>(websocket_Error);

I'm wondering what namespace we should use for the ErrorEventArgs because that is defined in SuperSocket.ClientEngine, System.IO, and Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization namespace.

Thanks.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

If I use the one in socketengine, it means I have to include the SuperSocket.ClientEngine dll in the my project references.  Is there some other way?  Or, there is a way to reference the SocketEngine one without include another dll?

Thanks

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Needn't, if you are using .net assembly,it has been included, just add using.

Sent: 2/25/2012 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: ErrorEventArgs namespace [websocket4net:344764]

If I use the one in socketengine, it means I have to include the SuperSocket.ClientEngine dll in the my project references. Is there some other way? Or, there is a way to reference the SocketEngine one without include another dll?

Thanks

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Yes, I'm using the .net assembly but I added the SuperSocket.ClientEngine.ErrorEventArgs.  It did not work.  I had to add the SuperSocket.ClientEngine dll in order to get it to work.  I thought that was weird.  I will give it a try again.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Please don't use the one you built, use the one included in the binary package of download page!

Sent: 2012/2/25 22:13
Subject: Re: ErrorEventArgs namespace [websocket4net:344764]

Yes, I'm using the .net assembly but I added the SuperSocket.ClientEngine.ErrorEventArgs. It did not work. I had to add the SuperSocket.ClientEngine dll in order to get it to work. I thought that was weird. I will give it a try again.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM
I'm developing for four platforms, including Android/iOS (Xamarin), so between that and the fact that the binary hasn't been updated in a year and a half, it kind of seems like you have to build it yourself. After some hair pulling, I got the Xamarin Android running with websocket4net, but I did have to link in SuperSocket.ClientEngine.Core.dll to get around this (which I found moderately creepy).

It would sure be awesome if I could just use NuGet to pull this in (and have it magically work on WIn8/WinPhone8/Android/iOS).
Feb 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Edited Feb 5, 2014 at 8:39 PM
It sounds like this class is in the wrong assembly.

If you're unhappy pulling in another dependency for just one class, you can use ILMerge or ILRepack to merge it in.

Also, check out the Fleck project for an alternative WebSocket implementation focused on 'no inheritance, container, or additional references'.